Wednesday 18 May 2011

Missing the point

Today’s consultant appointment at my local hospital was a bit of an interesting experience. I actually got to see the consultant rather than a registrar but I think he was too busy asking about how independent midwifery worked to pay attention to what he was doing as after looking at my scan report and signing my notes to say he’d checked it (whilst muttering ‘all fine’), he then expressed confusion as to why I had a consultant appointment. He looked somewhat surprised when I pointed out that the scan was not ‘all fine’ – not the best way of instilling confidence.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh joy - hope you ironed it out and were able to get some sense out of him.

hope it wasn't too traumatic and you have some useful things to consider

liquoriceuk said...

It wasn't the most useful appointment in the world but the consultant wasn't too bad once I'd given him all the details - he did remember getting the letter from the cardiac consultant, but had forgotten who it related to :-S

Am planning to make sure one of my own midwives comes with me next time though as think it will be helpful to have the extra support